Tuesday, September 17, 2024

Exit Slip: Babylonian Word Problem

I am intrigued to see how my classmates created a method to solve this problem.
With a great discussion, I am sure I am able to expound on my though process attached. 


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for doing lots of work on this one, Brandon! You have lots of correct ones here (and good reasoning with the base 60 fractions!), but there are also quite a few that aren't correct: the multiples of 8, 16, 24, 27, 32 and 40 don't come out to 45, unfortunately. I think there might be a misunderstanding of the second column of fractions, which have a denominator of 3600 (so that those fractions are typically very small numbers in the examples you've given). Please take a look at these -- you don't necessarily have to redo them, since you have so many that are just fine, but it would be helpful to get a sense of why these ones didn't work, and how you might find ones that do!

    ReplyDelete